CrossFit Identity News and Notes August 2017
Hey CFID peeps! It’s officially August and there is a LOT of exciting stuff going on. I want to keep you guys in the loop on what to expect this month and beyond at CFID. I apologize in advance if this is a bit all over the place!
Facility– we are 100% committed to making our gym the best facility in Atlanta and reinvesting in the business to make that happen. Here are some the things we are working on:
- We are set to renew our lease this September at 1185 Zonolite and we plan to be here for the long term.
- We are working with one of our wonderful members (Stella) on drawing up designs that include updating our current restrooms and adding separate locker rooms/showers. I will post the preliminary plans for you guys to look at when you come to the gym. When I have more information on the timetable of this project I will absolutely keep you guys in the loop.
- We are also looking at some ways to remove the current “changing rooms” to create more floor space. This will require moving the water fountain and ice machine so it’s a bit of a project.
- Floors- this is just a personal pet peeve of mine but I am looking into leveling our floors. Right now it’s been somewhat difficult to find the right person to do the job, but we’re working on it! Leveling the floors (in the worst spots) will allow us more flexibility on our workout space and will allow us to safely add on to the rig
- Friday August 4th 6pm-10pm – CrossFit Games Viewing Party at Eric and Anna Marie’s (see Facebook invite for location and details or contact one of us) Hope to see you there!
- Sunday August 6th 1pm- 4pm – Adult CPR Training (required for coaches but open to all) Cost is $45 and card will be printed immediately after class. No need to register just show up. Cash or Check preferred, checks made payable to Georgia CPR, LLC (3% charge added for credit/debit cards)
- Sunday August 27th- Skills Session with Coach Alex – Topic TBD. We will start holding these on the last Sunday of each month. Our goal is to get better attendance with these and to make sure we can do something consistent each month.
As many of you know, in April of this year we started following affiliate programming from MisFit Athletics. One of our main goals with this shift was to get everyone at CFID doing the same thing. I know that I’ve enjoyed the program and can see the results and I can also see our community coming together and getting fitter every day. We would love to hear your feedback on the programming and if you’re enjoying the results. We will begin our training year for 2018 when the CrossFit Games end this Sunday. That means you can expect a couple weeks of tester works and assessment beginning next week.
The CrossFit Games
The CrossFit Games are upon us again. Beginning tomorrow, the fittest athletes in the world will be competing in Madison, Wisconsin. If you are totally new to the sport of CrossFit, I highly recommend checking out the coverage of the event via Facebook, cbssports.com, and games.crossfit.com.
Each month, we plan to highlight one member of our community who exemplifies what our community is all about and whose commitment and hard work inspires those around them. I’ve asked our coaches to nominate someone they think fits this description. We will announce that person via Instagram/Facebook as well as in our monthly blog post.
This month, the CFID coaches are happy to name Brendan Weintraub as CrossFit Identity’s featured athlete. Brendan is a graduate student at Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health. He has been one of our most consistent and hard working athletes and has referred several members to CFID. No matter what the workout is Brendan shows up, remains coachable, puts forth effort, and roots for those around him to get better. Those who know him and workout with him will know exactly what I am talking about! Thank you Brendan for being such an awesome part of our community. We are lucky to have you!
2017 08 01